Friday, April 30, 2010

Eyes Like Mine

{our kite}

Have you ever looked at your child to realize just how beautiful they are? To see the new mole on their shoulder, or the new fleck of green in their eyes? To see them in a refreshed way? To catch them at a different angle & see they look so big? Or to hear them utter a string of words with ease?

To see them grow right before your very eyes?

To hear the words "Enjoy it, it goes by so fast," & for the first time in a long while you don't roll your eyes & want to slap that person across the face because you've had pee on your shirt all day?

But today... it really did go by too fast.

Son, did I kiss you enough today? Dot, did I snuggle you so close it made you giggle?

Do you both know your faces have made me feel every emotion from fury to joy? Being your mother has been the most rewarding thing I've ever done. Being your mother has helped me find myself. And I like me. I like me because of YOU. Everything good in me I see in you. {And the bad too. I need to work on those. :)}

Son, you have my smile & I notice it the most when it's full of mischief.
Dot, you have my eyes & when I look at you, I see the best in me.


Thank you my sweet children for being the best thing I've ever done. Today we will go to the park & fly the kite Grandma got us for Easter because my heart fills like the wind in the trees. Full of motion & strength.

I can't wait to see your smile Son as you hang on to that kite with all your admirable determination. And I can't wait to see the new fleck of green in your eyes shimmer in the afternoon sun Dot. After all, you have eyes like mine.

P.S... If you haven't already signed up... DON'T miss out on the giveaway for the ONE-HOUR facial by Melissa! Leave a comment & add yourself as a friendly mate. :) I'll announce the lucky winner this evening. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment