Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Inspiration

A few months ago when I walked into the child care center at the gym I saw this girl/woman dropping off her kid. She was wearing a sports bra top with workout capris & the lower portion of my jaw ceased to function. My mouth gaped open as my eyes couldn't deter from her six pack & my mind tried to comprehend if that was indeed her child. Wait a second. She has a child AND a six pack? How is that possible? She's NOT a celebrity?

Now this was no ordinary good genes body. This was a well oiled, properly primed, optimally functioning bod. While I stood there baffled, trying to make sense of this conundrum, she disappeared before I could ask her how the crap she keeps up that physique.

My mind was spinning imaging myself with a six pack like that running down the beach my hair tousling to & fro. I enter my MUSCLE class. Standing at the front the room was body goddess in all her muscle glory, ready to teach the class. Hm... I thought. This should be enlightening.

After a painful 60 minutes of 700 squats & lunges, 120 push-ups, hundreds of abs... {& every other muscle group in my body I didn't know I had}... I knew EXACTLY what her routine was. However, as I stood {barely}, breathing heavily & at one point almost hurling, I felt good. I did it!

So although it has taken me months of trying, today was the first day I completed her class using the same weight as her. She does a million sets of everything so this is no small feat. And even though I almost puked once, I still feel accomplished.

I am thankful for this inspiration. I am thankful I am healthy enough to be able to work out as hard as I do. I am thankful for a body that cooperates & a spirit that is willing.

Thank you body goddess! Your six pack does indeed rock.

And...

Here's a little recipe for those hot days approaching. I developed this yesterday when Son dropped the watermelon while trying to carry it into the house from the car. Whoops. All was not lost. Here's the yummy proof. Easy & divine.

Watermelon Lemonade

1 medium to large sized watermelon (seedless preferably)
5-6 lemons, juiced

3-4 dropper fulls of Apricot Nectar Stevia
(or whatever flavor you like)

Cut up watermelon & de-seed the best you can. Juice lemons & put (juice) in blender. Add watermelon & stevia to blender & liquefy. {I did mine in batches because all of the watermelon won't fit all at once.} Strain & put in a pitcher to chill. Stir well before serving. Enjoy!

P.S. Don't forget to enter the giveaway for the FREE one-hour facial!

2 comments:

  1. I ❤ P90X, no gym but rocking my way to my high school bod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The watermelon lemonade recipe looks amazing. I would not have thought to mix watermelon and apricot nectar stevia. I love the combination. A refreshing treat for any day!

    ReplyDelete